On June 19, 2014, the Member Agencies of OCTAP approved a taxi fare increase averaging 9.05%.
Beginning July 19, 2014, taxicab meter rates are as shown below.
Taxicab companies have begun implementing the new meter rate as of July 19, 2014. All taxicab companies will be required to have all taximeters reset to the new rate no later than October 19, 2014.
Current Orange County Passenger Taxicab Fares
Effective July 19, 2014
● $3.50 for the flag drop and first 1/5 mile
● $0.55 for each 1/5 mile, after the first 1/5 mile ($2.75 per mile)
● $32.00 per hour wait time (Approximately $0.53 per minute)
● No Extra Charge for Additional Passengers
● Credit Cards are accepted.
No other fare is authorized for trips
originating in Orange County.